1. Is there one doll you could never let go of?
Definitely…but don’t make me pick one!
2. Do you have a favorite doll company?
I have favouriteS, sadly XD
But I think currently my biggest favourite is Granado; I love their molds, bodies, resin, quality and customer service.
I’m just waiting for them to release a fitting mold for the last missing chess doll so I can add another Granado to the collection.
I also love Dollshe, Volks and Iplehouse, but only Granado does everything right from the above mentioned points.
3. What kind of accessory do you collect the most of?
Do eyes count as accessory? If yes, then eyes. Blue eyes especially.
4. What kind of accessory do you tend to forget/have trouble finding/collect the least of?
I hate buying shoes ;_; It’s so hard to find the perfect pair and you also nearly never see them properly anyway, so I tend to buy only one or maybe two per doll. But then this pair needs to be PERFECT and finding this pair usually takes crazily long. I have one doll that has been without shoes since May 2012 because I still haven’t found a pair I like for her.
5. Do you prefer to do your own faceups, or send them out to be done by others?
I do my own face-ups, back then because I disliked the thought of sending away my dolls and not being able to change them whenever I like, nowadays because I’m crazily picky and because it’s easier and cheaper. However, because of commissions my dolls are usually blank for a long time or have an old/damaged face-up.
6. If you could “adopt” somebody else’s doll, what doll would that be?
Sarqq’s Shagrilah XD
7. Do you do your own creative work for your dolls? (faceups, sewing, that kind of stuff)
I do face-ups and mod them. I would love being able to sew them clothes, but I’m not very good at crafting, same goes for sculpting or making wigs.
8. Have you ever considered leaving the BJD hobby?
The community, yes. Stop collecting dolls, no. I love my dolls, I love dressing them up, taking pictures, painting and airbrushing them (even though I complain about especially the latter a lot) and they make a huge part of my life and free time. However, the community is horrible and most of the time just making me sick, especially the whole recast topic and confession blogs.
9. Does your collection vary in size and style, or do you tend to keep similar dolls?
I prefer 70cm guys and the majority of my dolls falls into that category. I don’t own a 60cm sized doll anymore and own only one YoSD and MSD sized doll. I also like it when they smile a bit and have gorgeous, but still male looking faces. Also: tan skin. Which is partly because of the project they belong in and partly because I love dolls in darker tones.
10. If you were to gift somebody their dream doll, who would you pick?
My girlfriend, because picking only ONE friend would be unfair towards the others. I have no clue what kind of doll I’d get her though.
11. Is there any shop/artist/seamstress you’d like to do business with, but never get the chance?
Sparrow for a twelve point set of pearl/gold antlers for my Amber, Amadiz for a Revolver Ocelot outfit and Sion (Kagami Design) for a short white wig for Hans.
12. Do your dolls wear underwear, or go without?
Both. My female dolls all wear underwear because they usually wear dresses and it looks weird without. The dudes, and my Bibiane, partly do and don’t wear underwear, it depends on how well their legs behave and the kind of pants they wear, because some dolls have bodies that try to eat the underwear and others have pants that leave no room for underwear.
13. Do you regret selling or buying any dolls?
I wouldn’t call it regretting. There are some dolls that I sometimes miss a tiny bit, but I don’t regret having sold any of them.
14. Do you like to take selfies with your dolls?
Nope, no selfies of me, neither with or without a doll.
15. Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work for a doll dealer or company? If so, what kind of job would you like to do?
Either taking pictures for a company or working in the Q&A board, I would like both but I think the latter might be a bit unpleasant depending on the company you work for and how well their products are shipped out >_>’